Installing maps for some people can be difficult, there are a lot of different operating systems (windows, mac, linux etc). First thing is first though, if you don’t know how to download a file to your computer, stop right there. You will need to get help from your parents or a friend because I can’t help you with that. Also if you say the download links don’t work, your comment will not be approved HOWEVER, I will investigate, and if I find it to be true, I will do my best to fix it. However, if I find that the download links work fine then I have to assume it is something on your end and I cannot fix it. Comments asking legitiment questions will be approved, asking “how do I download this file” or similar, will not be approved. I can’t help with other operating systems as I only have Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Maybe others can though.
First thing’s first, windows users watch this video! Keep in mind NOT ALL MAPS have a texture pack.
- Find a map that you want to download. You did that, it’s one from Jigarbov.net!
- Download the map to a place that you will remember (Downloads folder, Dekstop, wherever)
- Unzip or Unrar the map folder using your archiver of choice (WinRAR, 7Zip, etc).
- Copy the folder that was unzipped, unrared, etc., and navigate to your Minecraft saves folder:If you’re running Windows, your saves are located here:Press the Windows Key and R at the same time. In this dialogue type (or copy and paste) the following “%appdata%\.minecraft\saves” If you’re running on a Mac, your saves are located here:”/Users/*username*/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves/” If you’re running Linux, your saves are located here:”`/.minecraft/saves/”
- Paste the folder right there.
- If there is a texture pack included in the zip file, it will be named the same as the map file with “Texture Pack” on the end. Put this zip file straight in the texturepacks folder. This folder can be found in the same place as the saves folder under .minecraft .
- When you start Minecraft, select the correct texture pack (If one isn’t included, you can play with any texture pack but default is recommended)
- Play your new jigarbov.net map installed!
To install minecraft worlds into the game in Mac OS X 10.6.8+ – instructions courtesy of
- Open your finder window
- Click home
- Click library
- Click application support
- Click Minecraft
- Click saves
- Unzip the downloaded world file by double clicking on it.
- Drag that folder into the location of ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves
It is also very important to remember you’re playing in the correct Minecraft version for the map to work. For this reason I have included on every map banner the version of Minecraft that the map is compatible with!